The Shag Camp is focused on creating a unique learning experience and environment where you and others can work, improve but also relax. Please be careful at all times, for yourself and for others. The Shag Camp organisers do not take any responsibility for participants health, physical injuries or valuables.
If organisers cancel the event – you will get a full refund.
If you cancel your confirmed spot – you will get 50% refund.
If you cancel your confirmed spot less than a month before the event – no refunds are granted.
Payment for the Shag Camp is divided in two parts – 50% deposit by bank transfer within 7 days after confirmed registration and another 50% in cash on the arrival day to the camp. You will receive payment info via email.
Transfer of Registration
Participants can’t resell tickets or transfer their registration to another person. Be aware of scammers selling fake tickets to our event – registration process has to be approved by the whole Shag Camp organization team. Whenever in doubt or have a question – email us [email protected]
Schedule and Content Changes
Unfortunate and surprising changes regarding schedule, teachers and other contents of the event are informed mainly on this website and email.
Photography and Videography
The event will be documented. By taking part in the event you grant the organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images and video for marketing, publicity or other purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and advertisements. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform the organisers.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or phone number provided for us. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Guide on Safety, Trust, Engagement, Prevention and Support
The Shag Camp organizers and staff believe that everyone can and should enjoy swing dancing. We hold in high regard good music, a supportive community and dancers who know how to properly have fun. This represents all members regardless of age, gender, physique, ethnicity and appearance, where socializing and being equal is integral part of who we are, as swing dancing and its culture perfectly exemplifies those values. With The Shag Camp we bring people together and provide a platform for expressing those true and humane values.
We crafted our Code of Conduct to carry out our vision acknowledging that we all have a responsibility to build a safe environment and contribute to the well-being of the whole community. Therefore the following code guides our actions at any time or occurrence:
- We are NICE to everyone and treat all people with respect. We do not harass anyone. We do not discriminate according to sex, gender expression or sexual orientation, nor race, religion, or nationality. We treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, physical appearance, lifestyle, dance experience or role.
- We are INCLUSIVE and invite others to dance, and we are gracious if turned down. We may say no without giving a reason, but are polite when doing so and if we promise to dance later on, we honor that promise.
- We are RESPONSIBLE for our own physical safety and that of others nearby. We practice safe floor-craft and say sorry if we accidentally bump another person. We do not offer unsolicited advice or instruction, nor perform aerials on the social floor, except in jam circles. If we consume alcohol, we do so responsibly, and if we are drunk enough to pose a risk to ourselves or others, we leave the dance floor and retire to the bar.
- We are RESPECTFUL and acknowledge that the personal boundaries of others may not be the same as our own. We are mindful of the appropriateness of behavior or actions that some may find offensive.
- We UNDERSTAND that following the above guidelines ensures a better experience for everyone and that participating in any kind of verbal, physical or sexual abuse will have consequences.
- We PROMISE to treat any reports made with sensitivity and to keep all details as confidential as is possible.
The guidelines above apply to EVERYONE attending The Shag Camp, including members of staff, teachers and participants.
Let’s have a great time swinging!
(Adapted from BLHC – Balkan Lindy Hop Championships)